Saturday 15 March 2014

Frosty walk to Higger Tor

I haven't really been sleeping very well recently, on this particular day I had to get up early anyway to drop James off at the train station, and I was having the following day off as holiday. I guess I was just feeling too excited to sleep, and I spent all night with a busy brain planning what to cook for James, and what I'd do with my rare day off.


I decided to go for a solo winter walk to Higger Tor, I was going to take a flask of hot chocolate, sit on top of rocky outcrop, and drink it. What better way to celebrate winter in the peaks?


I couldn't sleep with the excitement of a nice day ahead of me, I was wide awake at 4:30am and had given up on getting back to sleep so I got up and made some coconut drop scones for our breakfast. After dropping James off, I was walking around Aldi to get some picnic bits & I came across my best friend, Sean! So I invited him along on my wintery adventure.


I did a route out of a book called "short walks in the Peak District" published by Collins ramblers. But we decided to do it backwards. 


Once we got out there it so so peaceful, there was a beautiful frost hanging lower down the valley and the air was fresh. We did the walk with equal measures of giggles, chatty conversation & comfortable silences. I wish I could start every day with a frosty walk...


And I made my daydreams come true with the hot chocolate on top of Higger Tor!


No comments:

Post a Comment