Saturday 17 August 2013

Folksy Summer School!

Last weekend I had a fantastic weekend at the Folksy Summer School. If you are not familiar with Folksy, it's an online marketplace for all things handmade. The summer school was intended to help the talented entrepreneurs to take their craft to the next level.



There were masterclasses on everything from sale & marketing, to blogging & photography.
Along with the speakers presenting, there were craft demonastrations, great food and you could have one-to-one tutorials with industry experts.


I was invited along as a case study for business growth. I always get really nervous when speaking to groups of people, but somehow, all the friendly faces put me at ease and I was able to present without getting all breathy & weird. 

Tilly from Tilly & The Buttons was there to give her top tips for creating and running your own blog, (my pen was scribbling frantically for that half hour), and I was honoured to meet the lovely boys from Mini Moderns


My good friend James Green teaching Doug Richards how to make linocuts.
I had a fantastic time and really learnt a lot. I can't wait to start putting it all into practise. When they do it all again next year, I would highly recommend attending, even if it's just for the bonfire that Frankie & I started at the end of the first day!



What has inspired you recently?






No comments:

Post a Comment