Monday 5 August 2013

Hello there!

Hello and welcome to my first ever blog post. I'm hoping this one will be the trickiest to do, and the rest will just come naturally. So I guess this is a bit of an introduction into who I am and what I intend this blog to be about. I'm Lianne, 25, I live in Sheffield in a flat with my boyfriend, James, and my cat, Bernard. I have ran my own business for the past 3 and a half years, but love to unwind with dressmaking, drawing, knitting, buying old things, visiting nice places, riding my bicycle and playing dress-up.


 James and I are in the process of buying our first home together, and life is generally travelling at a pace that can feel a little bit quick sometimes. I'm hoping that this little blog project will help me slow down, appreciate the things around me, share the skills I already have, and take time to develop the skills I don't yet possess.


So what can you expect from Lily White Legs? I will be sharing my current dressmaking projects, and will happily take requests of certain skills you want to learn. I still regard myself as an amateur dressmaker but am getting better with each project I complete. I'll post about the trips and daily happenings I encounter in and around Sheffield. There may be some outfit posts, but that will depend on how brave I am feeling. But there will be lots of photos of Bernard. Mostly, this blog will be kept like a journal, I will be sharing things good and bad, with honesty, integrity & passion to hopefully inspire my readers. From my perspective, I would really love to improve my writing skills (something I have always struggled with), photography, and DIY skills.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this project grows in the future, and would love to welcome you along for the journey!

Best wishes


Lianne x


2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your blog Lily, I am really looking forward to following some of your sewing projects! Maybe you could indulge us with some outfit posts too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hollie! I'm actually planning a sewing post to go out very soon, and will turn it into an added bonus outfit post just for you! :)

      Delete